Tuesday, February 22, 2011

So Do you Like Nude/Neutral Lipsticks !?

Nude lipstick is as strong a statement as red lips. I love both. But honestly i am not into nude lips as much i was last year, Nude lips was one of the biggest makeup trends for Spring 2010. If your looking for a good, cheap, nude lipstick. Look no further. For a change i am posting about something which actually available in Pakistan.HOOORAY !!!

edited the picture to show the original shade

I bought Etude aqua rouge BE810, I got it from Alfatah for rs approx 250-350( cant remeber exact price) . There was a time when etude products were such a rage in Pakistan . I am sure they still are but i dont see much of their products these days maybe Rimmel , maybelline ,L'oreal Paris has taken over ,Thanks to Media.

I personally love etude aqua rouge lipsticks , they are affordable and they have such huge varierty of shades, reds,pinks, browns, beiges. And they mention the shade range by putting BR,BE,RD,etc before the shade number. 

 
I would say that  is pigmented pinky beige nude shade.Its a pale pinkish nude lipstick .If you dont want a nude lipstick like myth , which is , fleshy beige shade then this is a perfect shade.



I usually pair it with a bit of smoky eyes, if i am not wearing any eyeshadows, i smoke out my kajal on the lower lashline and i am good to go. This is a great color to pair with more pigmented, brighter pink lipglosses if you want it give it a glossy finish. I usually apply my Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in Mica which has pale pink base with purple and pink sparkles

Below swatches are two swipes on hands/lips without any gloss or base




While i was going through my nude lipsticks stash i though of swatching few together so below are few of my favorite nude lipsticks .



Feel free to share with me your favorite neutral / nude lipstick



If you enjoyed reading  this , you may want to subscribe to , RSS feed and follow me on Twitter and  FacebookThanks for visiting !

5 comments :

  1. That looks like such a pretty nude lippie

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Sarah! :)
    All the colors in the last picture are pretty, specially Rimmel and MAC's :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am a massive nude lipstick fan...however in the last month of so i have been branching out and trying more pink and coral colours...ready for summer!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Silk Naturals XXX, Urban Decay Naked, and I think I might like MAC Myth, but I need to get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Nude lippied since the brand u mentioned isnt available here (let me search ;))
    So i'll get the rimmel one :)
    grt post

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥