Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer – Review & swatches


The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer

I got sucked in the hype again and also I wanted a new highlighter on my only brother’s wedding functions. I ordered when Balm Mary-Lou Manizer during their sale. I got it in March, just few days before the weddings.I was hoping when i first apply it , there will be angels singing "hallelujah" in the background.
Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow.

The Balm Mary-Lou -It’s soft, shimmering champagne with subtle gold tones 

When I first got this I was hoping that it would be like love at the first application BUT honestly I wasn't that blown away. I felt it was bit frosty, hard to blend and just sat there. There was a time when in hurry I over applied it and I had to re do all my makeup because I didn’t have time to give it few more chances since I was crazy busy in wedding and I was travelling back and forth I took out my beloved MAC superb and Benefit Wattsup and I shoved it in my makeup drawer and didn't use it for months and months.
Since then I've tried it few more times with different brushes/fingers and still i feel nothing.I tried using it light handed and it can be used on cheeks, eyes, lips. The testure is butter soft itself ,(handle with care) and a little really does go a long way ,so you just need a little dab and start blending.If you are heavy handed and dont blend well, it will look obvious and It has tendency to accentuate pores.You get a whooping 8.5g of product, It will last a long time . 
I will admit that the shade is simply gorgeous and it will ccomplement almost any skin tones and the gold/champagne looks beautiful on our desi skin tones. It has fine shimmer, not obvious glitter.Since the powder is very soft , its easy to blend. The highlighter didnt work for me or maybe i had high hopes but i have read so many positive/rave reviews about it so i am sure it certainly is something special. I love the testure , the shade and the packaging but maybe i have used highlighter which are way better than this so i wasn't completely blown away. 

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer - Swatch

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer - review
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer 
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer - Swatch



Pro:
  • Versatile products, which multitasks as an eyeshadow/highlighter/all over shimmer.
  • Comes with a big good quality mirror.
  • It will Compliment almost  all skin tones 
  • Buttery soft and finely-milled texture
  • Great pigmentation
  • Once blended gives a beautiful glow

Con :

  • It can accentuate pores .
  • If not careful it can be easily overapplied and blending could be a trouble.
  • Because of the extremely soft powder ,if fell, its prone to shattering than other



Price: $24 / PKR 2400-2800 (depends upon different facebook pages and sales)
Availability: The Balm website , or in Pakistan you can order the balm products through Facebook pages like makeup and accessories,Hash ,Amor and Brandhub
TheBalm products usually go on sale like sometimes they are 50% off so it’s the best time to stock up on them during that.
Internationally -  The balm website 
Overall:I will admit that the shade is simply gorgeous and it will complement almost any skin tones and the gold/champagne looks especially beautiful on our desi skin tones. It has fine shimmer, not obvious glitter.Since the powder is very soft , its easy to blend. The highlighter didnt work for me or maybe i had high hopes but i have read so many positive/rave reviews about it so i am sure it certainly is something special. I love the texture , the shade and the packaging but maybe i have used highlighter which are way better than this so i wasn't completely blown away. I do wish I loved this as much as other bloggers or Mua. 

6 comments :

  1. I'm so indecisive about buying this...a lot of products that are hyped have let me down lol. I know I will give in a buy it during a sale. It looks so pretty on a lot of skin tones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great and detailed review. After all it is not as much perfect as it is raved.
    Glamupgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this highlighter. So darn amazing!

    Shang J. | The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty of makeup is this highlighter! love this super refined powder highlighter ! Lovely post .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could it be a fake one?The mirror is bigger than other reviewer's photos.
    Eri,Greece

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥