Thursday, October 23, 2014

Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Normal/Dry Skin – Review


Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Normal/Dry Skin
I still remember when i was in my teens, i was pretty new to makeup and everything related to beauty. I have always had a hard time choosing foundation , It was hard to choose the right shade and something with the right  amount of coverage and of course with the affordable price. Then i was introduced to Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Normal/Dry Skin

revlon colorstay foundation review- Want makeup that is flawless and weightless for 16 perfect hours? Revlon has the solution - ColorStay™ Makeup with SoftFlex™.Specially formulated for normal or dry skin, this oil-free, moisture-balanced formula gives you flawless looking skin. Makeup looks fresh and feels great for up to 16 hours thanks to the lightweight, comfortable feel from the SoftFlex ColorStay™ Formula. Medium to full coverage, with SPF 15 protection*.
 

Revlon ColorStay Foundation Normal Dry skin after application

I remember standing at Alfatah for hours, looking confused. Then came the day , when i was introduced to the magical world of Revlon Color stay foundation.When I first purchased this foundation back in I dunno 2006?? I got it in Normal / dry skin formula and Shade MEDIUM BEIGE. But now I am more tanned (NC35) and shade which suits me more is natural tan in Revlon ColorStay Foundation. Now let me share one thing I noticed when I was picking up this foundation at walmart. The shades are different in each formula e.g : the golden beige was tad lighter in Revlon ColorStay Foundation Combination/Oily compared to Revlon ColorStay Foundation normal/dry. So if you are buying this foundation online , do your homework and google as many swatches as you can to get your perfect match. My mom is NC30 and she wear Revlon ColorStay Foundation Combination Oily skin in golden beige.


Revlon ColorStay Foundation Golden Beige comparison with Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Natural Tan

Revlon ColorStay Foundation Golden Beige comparison with Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Natural Tan
Revlon ColorStay Foundation Golden Beige comparison with Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Natural Tan
L-R Revlon ColorStay Foundation Normal Dry skin in natural tan & Revlon ColorStay Foundation Combination Oily skin Golden beige - (swatch)


PROS:
  • Revlon Colorstay contains SPF 15
  • You need a little , so it gies a long a wayy
  • Love the wide range of tones offered, and also offers  different formulas for oily/combination skin as well as normal, and dry.
  • I have sensitive skin , and It never broke me out
  • Availability
  • It blends well with my skin, and it give good medium- full  coverage. 
  • i have dry skin, but i didn't notice it caking or drying out .
  • This foundation holds up well in humid weather,we have crazy humidity these days , and this foundation didn't disappoint me

Cons :
  • It dries quickly so best way to apply is to do it in small sections and work quickly
  • Feels a bit sticky when you  first start applying. I recommended using a stippling brush or Fingers
  • Harder to remove , use makeup remover wipes instead of washing face
  • I wish it came come with a pump


I hardly wear makeup in summers, but when i am going out in humid , hot weather i take a small amount of Revlon Colorstay,  and mix it with my favorite moisturizer and apply with my Coastal scents Stipple brush / ELF powder brush. It gives me such natural glow . Love it

Price: Rs 2335
Availability: Revlon retailer at Scentaions outlets, Alfatah stores in lahore, 
Internationally -  Ulta, US drusgtores, Boots
Selection: Comes in two formulas Revlon ColorStay Foundation Combination/Oily skin
 & Revlon ColorStay Foundation Normal Dry skin (

Overall:I would recommend Revlon ColorStay Foundation to anyone looking for a good affordable foundation. It is hard to find a foundation of this caliber with the ease of availability in Pakistan . Its a kind of foundation which i will never get bored of .


4 comments :

  1. I was looking for good foundation for dry skin, i think i will pick this one, thanks for detail review :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  2. So informative sara...
    I should have taken the dry skin formula but i made a mistake while ordering online .. I have medium beige shade which is perfect but it dries me out and i cant wear it without moisturiser + primer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review.
    I love this foundation. Color, quality, coverage everything is exactly what I want but hell why it smells like paint :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have natural tan it always makes me grey looking :'( idk why

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥