Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Essence Clear And Matt Oil Free Makeup Foundation Review &,FOTD,Swatch

Essence Clear And Matte Oil Free Makeup Foundation


After my exceptionally great experience with EssenceStay All Day Foundation, I was at alfatah and I decided to try another foundation by essence but since weather has changed and it’s a lot more hotter and humid, I bought the Essence Clear And Matt Oil Free Makeup Foundation in shade 03 sand.The oil free matt foundations are ideal for summer/humid weather. They help absorbing shine. Control oil and some resist sweat. I have a combination skin, dry from cheek and tend to get oily from T zone. In Pakistani summer usually my foundation doesn’t stay putfor long. So let’s see if this works for me.

Unwanted shine doesn‘t stand a chance with the oil-free clear & matt foundation! its special active ingredients absorb excess oil and give you a healthy, shine-free complexion -  all day long! vitamin e protects your skin from any impurities. dermatologist tested.
The packaging of the foundation is very simple yet practical. It comes with 30ml/1fl.oz of product in a squeeze tube. It is very slim yet convenient and travel friendly. Since I travel a lot, I find the size perfect to throw in my travel makeup bag.  The texture of Essence Clear and Matt Oil Free Makeup Foundation is medium. It is not too thick nor is it ruuny, which makes the application easier with either brush or fingers. I prefer using Sigma F80. 



I have this in shade 03 sand , which is the darkest . I have strong yellow undertones (MAC NC35 for reference) and the shade is little lighter and little pink for my skin tone.The coverage is medium and as you will see in below photos it covers the redness around the nose and dark spots and any small imperfection.It blends easily into the skin but not as effortlessly as
EssenceStay All Day Foundation . Once applied and after 5 min, the Essence Clear And Matt Oil Free Makeup Foundation wont transfer or come off if you blot with a paper or tissue or touch your face like some foundation in summers. Since it is best suited for summer, I wish i had some SPF .The finish wise i would stay it is semi matte. It does stay put and doesn't look mask like on the face . I don't have any dryness or dry patches right now so i think it have tendency to highlight dry patches so i will suggest avoid layering because it could turn cakey . One thing i have to admit about Essence foundation that they simply dont oxidize. If you read my review on essence stay all day foundation , I shared how i used to wear it for more than 8-9 hours in India and it stayed put .


L-R Essence Clear And Matt Oil Free Makeup Foundation sand ,Essence Stay All Day Foundation soft honey , MAC studio fix fluid in NC40



Over all , I think it is a decent foundation for the price. I certainly didn't win me over like essence stay all day did but if you are looking for a medium coverage foundation to control shine and even skin tone . Essence Clear And Matt Oil Free Makeup Foundation is best suited for combination-oily skin types.





  • Affordable price tag
  • Suitable for combination-oily skin types
  • oil-free
  • medium coverage allows for an even finish
  • Semi matte finish
  • Non greasy 
  • Wont come off or transfer
  • Travel friendly packaging
  • It does not oxides  







  • If you are looking for full coverage
  • It doesn't contain any SPF
  • limited amount of shades 
  • might accentuate dry patches o layering up
  • Some blending is required to get perfect application

I bought Essence Clear And Matt Oil Free Makeup Foundation from Alfatah Lahore. It is available at  just4girls.pk for rs 580/-

Who is picking up the gorgeous Ombre from orange to pink Essence Miami roller girl blush in dates on skates?




5 comments :

  1. For the price, its not bad at all. As for your question, I'm dying to get the roller girl ombre blush but its out of stock anywhere! lol..do let me know if you find it anywhere in lahore:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review essence is really making it mark here oh am dyin to get tht blush from the day essence introduced it on its pk page but cnt find it come check my blog there is a GIVE-away going on not mean to spam here at all just leaving my link to get to knw ech othr xx
    www.anilafaruk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same dilemma: It is out of stock at AlFatah (Lib and Def), Green Valley, and another store in Lahore :-/ :-( the swatches done with testers are wonderful though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great for the price :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥