Thursday, June 14, 2012

Coastal Scents Shadow Worx Review - Matte & Classic


Coastal Scents shadow worx claims to Construct the perfect canvas for eye shadow application with our Shadow Worx Matte Primer.
This lightweight, creamy primer appears opaque upon application and is ideal for those with oily lids, uneven skin texture or anyone who experiences creasing or fading. Shadow Worx creates a smooth finish allowing eye shadow to be vibrant, crease and fade proof all day long. The convenient squeeze tube and slim tip allow for precise disbursement of product, down to the very last drop.  

Coastal scents offers their shadow worx primer in two formulas
Matte - peachy shade m which blends clear
 • Shimmer  -  champagne-colored shimmer

The matte come out kinda of peachy but after blending it becomes clear.The Coastal Scents Shadow Worx in shimmer is almost dupe for Urban Decay primer potion in sin (champagne shimmer ) I had both so i swatched them together for you.
 
Overall opinion :  I am on the fence about these primers I mean they do enhance the eyeshadow and make them more vibrant but tend do crease after sometime. I like the packaging ,Both Coastal Scents Shadow Worx comes in squeezable tube packaging with a slim point tip which is great to control the amount of product you need.  I like the way they apply on skin , they are light weight and easy to blend.But they do have a slip to the formula which makes it to crease. .When i compared to the Urban decay Primer potions, UD one was bit thick and applied evenly whereas Shadow worx was bit uneven .You need a little amount ,since it spreads out and blend easily ,you only need a tiny amount since they spread easily. The real test comes when we check if they crease or not ? Well they do tend to crease after couple of hours of wear. I don't have "extra
' oily lids, in my opinion my eyelids are fine , but they creased on my lids sooner than any UD primer potion but they lasted more than 5 hours. I observed that since they have slip to the formula , over applying the primer will end up creasing shadows rather quickly.
Below are the swatches , I used Nyx iced mocha single shadow with the shimmer shadow worx and i used the matte one with the L'oreal Hip shadow. You can clearly see that it enhanced the shade pigmentation and did make them more vibrant.
 



Do i recommend  : If you are in market for a decent primer , i will suggest you to take advantage of coastal scents sales which happen quite many time in year , and give it a try. I like the way they apply on skin , they are light weight and easy to blend.But they do have a slip to the formula which makes it to crease.






If you enjoyed reading  this , you may want to subscribe to , RSS feed and follow me on Twitter and  FacebookThanks for visiting !

2 comments :

  1. Very nice,
    follow my blog, I will follow you back !
    Miss
    http://www.armocromia.com/2012/06/dior-summer-mix-video.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really like this primer. Without primer and with primer results are pretty visible Nice Review Girl! <3

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥