Thursday, September 8, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss Swatches & Review



Hi Dolls <3 ! Today i am reviewing lipglosses by my favorite drugstore brand, Revlon.  Its a pity that revlon isnt easily available in Pakistan as it used to be. I remember seeing revlon nail polishes when i was teenager , and i wish at that i knew that Revlon will vanish from Pakistani market then i would have had bought alot . I love revlon colorstay foundation . I was more than thrilled when i got my hands on Revlon Colorburst Lipglosses.



Lips that shine with killer color. This weightless gloss makes lips pop with 5X more shine than patent leather

A pop of weightless color with vivid, mirror-like shine. Outshines everything but you!
•Micro-crystal formula for 5X the shine of patent leather
•Plush applicator shaped to curves of your lips for smooth, even application of color
•Revlon ColorBurst’s Elasticolor™ technology for rich color with a weightless feel
•Moisturizers and anti-oxidants such as sweet almond oil and vitamin E conditions and improves lip texture
•Available in 15 vibrant, on-trend shades


First thing , first look at the packaging.. isnt it gorgeous ?? The packaging clearly reminds of Chanel Glossimer.  Its very elegant and classy.Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss comes in 15 colors. The glosses come in a wide variety of shades and finishes from reds to corals to browns.
I have Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in two shades Papaya & strawberry  .



  • Papaya is a reddish-coral 

  • strawberry is pink-red with flecks of silver and pink micro-glitter

The formulation is outstanding. Its taste free fragrance free ( I read that it has vanilla sceent but to be honest i couldnt detect any smell ) and non sticky.
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss claims to “make lips pop with 5x more shine than patent leather”, and trust me they mean what they claim , these glosses are shiny in a good way.The applicator is perfectly shaped which applies the gloss to curves of your lips smoothly & evenly. They are pigmented enough that you can put on a little for a sheer look, or layer on more but they as almost all glosses , when applied shades are more sheer than they look in tube.Usually lipsticks and lip glosses doesnt stay on my lips , but surprisingly this stays pretty long compared to my other glosses as I wore it for about couple of hours during eid day.



Now some lip swatches of Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Papaya

Natural Day light


Indoors with Flash



I have only one complain that one with glitter ( Strawberry) wasnt completely smooth .  Over all these are one of my favourite glosses , try nyx mega shine glosses , if you dont mind the fragrance in nyx glosses if you cant get your hand on these babies.

Next on my wishlist - Revlon SuperLustrous lipgloss





If you enjoyed reading  this , you may want to subscribe to , RSS feed and follow me on Twitter and  FacebookThanks for visiting !

12 comments :

  1. i love therse two colors:) btw, i have to thank you, your blog's name inspired mine:) :* and from time to time a get inspiration from your posts too :) i reallyyy like your blog :* xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hv seen papaya t mehak's blog also.n i lurv dat color..going 2 get it soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours! I love the names of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PLEASE DO MENTION THE PRICES OF THE PRODUCTS YOU REVIEW, THANX :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LUSH ! this blog rocks ! i would love to interview you for my blog ? would that be too much to ask ? xx
    dottedblazer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah! Love your Post and makeup choice it always inspire me! btw Revelon is also my favorite brand too..:D

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥