Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What's cooking - Marble cake

If you follow me on twitter or facebook , you would know i had a major cooking day today. We invited some relatives over for iftar/ dinner and i cooked 3 dishes, including 2 for main course. I got this recipe from internet and it turned out really good. I thought of sharing it with all of lovely ladies here who enjoy baking

Recipe for Marble cake













INGREDIENTS

  • 1.1/2 cup plain flour
  • 1tb baking powder
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter .softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs beaten
  • 2tb cocoa powder unsweetened
  • 2tb milk


  1. Preheat oven to 325 F/160 C.Grease 20 cm pan with some oil or butter 
  2. Shift the flour and Baking powder in large bowl and add the butter,sugar,eggs,
  3. Beat well untill the mixture is smooth approx 6-7 min 
  4. Now transfer half the batter to separate bowl 
  5. Combine the coco and milk and stir in one bowl of mixture..Mix well this is coco batter

The most important part is assembling the cake batter in a baking pan. This is what you do. 2 heaped tablespoons of simple batter (you can also use a ladle that would hold 2 tablespoons) into the middle of the baking pan. Then scoop 2 tablespoons of cocoa batter and pour it in the center on top of the plain batter. IMPORTANT! Do not stop and wait until the previous batter spreads - KEEP GOING! Do not spread the batter or tilt the pan to distribute the mixture. It will spread by itself and fill the pan gradually. Continue alternating the batters until you finish them. 
This is how it looks after you are done




  • Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. Do not open the oven door at least the first 20 minutes or the cake will shrink and will not rise. To check if the cake is ready, insert a toothpick into the center. It should come out clean when ready.take out from oven let cool in pan for 10 min . Turn the cake out and finish cooling on a wire rack. You can sprinkle the top of the cake with some powdered (confectioner’s) sugar or leave it plain.




 Please do let me know if you would like to see recipes or my cooking experiments in future. Let me know if anyone of you have some delicious recipes to share :)





If you enjoyed reading  this , you may want to subscribe to , RSS feed and follow me on Twitter and  FacebookThanks for visiting !

17 comments :

  1. It looks delicious! I would love to have a piece with my cup of coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks delicious! I love marble cake. :)

    I'd love to see some more recipes and cooking experiments in the future as I'm always looking to try out new dishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM YUM YUMMM!!! thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hungry! I am absolutely drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love baking... n this is one of those easy peasy baking recipes... I love using different colors for marble cake...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummmmmmmmmmmm Im going to try this :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a coincidence..... I just made a marble cake too...though my recipe is different!

    Love the pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm looks yummy, and what a simple recipe, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so mouth-watering. Good job chef! :D Would love to see more recipes <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the streaks.. It looks so professional

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow this looks so yummy :p send me some :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deelish. Will certainly be bookmarking this recipe. Turns out great in swirls of yumminess. And yes would love to see more of your wonderful recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I looks Yummy, would love to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wowww looks so yum yum. :)
    thankss for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey....Sarah I am going to try this cake for aftari...lets see what I do :)wish me good luck..

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥