Tuesday, August 9, 2011

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - Review, Photos & Swatches


A radiant eye liner that also doubles as an eye shadow. Made with a blend of mineral oil and powder, our creamy Jumbo Eye Pencils glide on effortlessly—no pulling, tugging or fading—and come in a rainbow of vivid hues. Some call her chubby. We say voluptuous. Available in 28 shades.



If you read my recent mini-NYX haul and a beauty swap , you would know that i have only three nyx jumbo pencils.


  • Yogurt: is a frosted copper brown with a gilded champagne sheen.
  • Milk : is a matte white
  • Blackbean : is a matte black


Basically you can wear nyx jumbo eye pencils as an eyeshadow base and layer eyeshadow on top to intensifies eye shadow. When used as a base, it makes an eyeshadow stand out more.Since they are really creamy, they glide smoothly and effortlessly onto eyes without tugging. They are really pigmented so you don’t even need to go over the same area twice , They are easily buildable to an opaque finish. You get good color payoff at the first application. One or  by max two swipes do the job.
Texture wise i find them too thick to blending with a brush so i use my fingers. The fingers  warms up so application is smooth and even. I blend that out into a thin layer all over.
They tend to crease , so i highly highly recommend wearing an eye primer underneath. The size are perfect to travel with but pain to sharpen. Get a good sharpener. I have one which sharpens regular and jumbo pencils.




I like that they have so many shades available. I cant wait to pick pure gold & iced mocha.

I am pretty happy with the shades i have . I picked up yogurt because i read temptali's post that  NYX Yogurt seems to be closest to Urban Decay Sin shadow pencil. It works as excellent highlighter under the browbone.
Nyx jumbo pencil in Milk  is highly pigmented matte white. This makes a great base and highlighter.
The Nyx jumbo pencil in blackbean is a deep super black. Its perfect for smokey eye.




It will crease, it will smudge so always use a good primer underneath But they do excellent job of making colorful eyeshadows to pop. They are creamy , smooth and pigment so i would say give them a try . We Either Love Them or Hate Them .


NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils are cruelty-free 

Price may very depending upon place/site you pick them usually ranges from $2.99 -$3.55/ $4.50 


If you enjoyed reading  this , you may want to subscribe to , RSS feed and follow me on Twitter and  FacebookThanks for visiting !

16 comments :

  1. I've had a really good experience with my new Slide On Pencils - I think I will give the Jumbos a try! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review love it !
    http://makeupoholics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous colours, i especially like the first and last swatch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, they are so pretty :)

    Love Christine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Have you tried pairing black bean with a duochrome eyeshadow? It looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In regards to my previous comment, check this tutorial out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1_Nc-UuCNY

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so wana get these

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have French Fries and it's gorgeous but I hate how it creases on me within 1 hour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like yogurt! you have to do an EOTD using these. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these pencils! I just picked up a couple at Ulta for their buy1get1 50% off sale

    ReplyDelete
  11. Milk has been on my wishlist forever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love them...black shade is awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty & no doubt basic eye colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice review ! .. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥