Sunday, July 31, 2011

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars - Photos , Swatches & Review


A stunning new innovation in lip color, OCC Lip Tar combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish. Ultra-saturated in color, Lip Tar contains an unprecedented amount of pigment - a little goes a very, very long way! An intense yet featherweight layer of color that stands up to the scrutiny of Hi-Def Video and Digital Photography, without ever looking (or feeling!) heavy. Meant to be mixed, Lip Tar comes in concise array of colors for a limitless selection of shades made by you!

Like all of our products, OCC Lip Tar is 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free, and is also free of parabens and other harsh preservatives. A simple, elegant formula that contains Hemp Oil, Peppermint Oil and Vitamin E, OCC Lip Tar feels as good on the lips as it looks!


DIRECTIONS: Apply the tiniest bead of Lip Tar with our #009 Angle Brush for complete, opaque coverage, either mixed with other shades or straight out of the tube. Applying too much product can result in feathering/bleeding so remember: a little goes a very, very long way!






I first got to know about OCC liptars way back early 2010 , when all British blogger were raving about them after the IMATS 2010. I was following mostly British blogs at that time . I so wanted to try them A- I prefer opaque lip products B- I am sucker for minty fresh smell.
OCC Liptars are basically , lip paints for lips. They are insanely pigmented , gives opaque finish,customizable and smell amazing . They smell very minty like peppermint, of course from the Peppermint Oil they have in the ingredients. They smell lovely but they are tasteless.  They are non sticky and cruelty free.

I will highly recommend using a lip liner with the liptars as they tend to bleed. So I line my lips with a lip liner, then apply a thin layer first and once it dries, then i add a second  thicker layer. They are kind of runny so lip brush comes handy most of the times for the even application.If you have dry lips, make sure to apply lip balm prior to application.




It comes in a a squeeze tube , which definitely gives me better control during application and it makes it easy for me to mix colors. Just make sure that you dont squeeze hard or else you will waste the product, because you need a tiny , little drop.The tiniest little bead, barely a quarter of a squeeze out of the tube, is enough to impart full, opaque coverage on the lips. Lip Tar has a creamy, semi-matte finish.

One more thing the writing on the tube rubs/comes off very easily. I have had them for only couple of days and some of the writing is already coming off , as soon as this post goes live , i am gonna go and secure them with a clear nail polish.

OCC lip tars comes in amazing number of shades, mid tones grey to true opaque black. Cyan Blue to bright yellow ,True red to True coral, Choice of shades are limitless.

I have six shades.  They are amazing.

First three shades are very neutral and easy to carry off.

  • Memento  Soft pink / Pink neutral
  • Hush The perfect bridal pink , soft and natural
  • Trick is a browned peach nude. 





Now these three are vibrant , crazy bright shades


  • Grandma  is a clean and classic true coral.
  • Trollop is a bright watermelon pink cranberry coral.
  • Demure is adeep purple with intense fuchsia undertone






These swatches were taken on back of my hand, in direct sun light.

First row ( L-R)  Trick , Hush and memonto 
Second row( L-R) Demure, Trollop and Grandma


What you can do with lip tars and the colors you can create are almost limitless. When i was mixing shades it woke up the sleeping artist in me , I had flashbacks from my fine arts college days when i started mixing them together .



How to Mix :
Step 1: Squeeze out the tiniest amount of colors , you can always squeese more if you need to.
Step 2: Take a toothpick , Which is easily available at any household.
Step 3:  Mix them well together.
Step 4: And its done , And if you make a mistake, just keep adding till you get it right.


Now some lip swatches.


I mixed a drop of demure with a drop of Hush and then mixed them togther with toothpick , Result !! Prettiest Barbie Pink Shade EVEERR .


Wearing Memento on its own . I am so in love with this color.

Wearing Trick




Mixed Memento , Hush,Demure and maybe all of them because i seriously i don't remember.




OCC lip tars is $13.00 USD each and available from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics

Sleek makeup is launching Pout Paints on aug 3 , which has quite similar idea. I cant wait to get my hands on them and see how they compare.

My lip tars and Nars Blushes  are the favorite things I own right now.



If you enjoyed reading  this , you may want to subscribe to , RSS feed and follow me on Twitter and  FacebookThanks for visiting !

13 comments :

  1. i loveeee it.... great review <3
    http://makeupoholics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. soo pretty! where did you get these? The little tubs must last a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it ... I want them n i think ur the only 1 who has the wearable colors... I v seen some use blue yellow and what not :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow @ the pigmentation!!! thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone :)

    @sidrah Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics ships internationally :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty...love all shades....good review

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look amazing! Love the swatches <3

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the review. These are going on my wish list for sure. My favourite is Memento <3!

    (It would mean a lot if you'd follow us back)
    http://glamarama-glamarama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are SO pretty! They always attracted me, whenever I saw the reviews by different bloggers. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the swatches.
    But my personal fav is "Wearing Trick"
    I'll buy this one

    ReplyDelete
  11. superb Amazing review i just love all the shades this is on my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I soooo want occ lip tar but shade confusion kept me.I think i will go for momento after reading your post :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥