Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sleek Makeup Face Contour Kit (Medium)- Review






A highlighter and pressed powder kit, which can be used to help sculpt and define one’s features. This product contains two powders.

The darker powder is used to create shadows on the face, such as defining the jaw line or contouring the cheekbones. The lighter powder is the highlighter, used to reflect light off the face and can be placed in various places such as the apple of the cheeks, the temple, the tip of the nose etc. 14g




I am no genius when it comes to contouring , and to be honest i wasn't in to it until i started blogging and taking 1000 pictures of me , or watched kandee Johnson's videos (which btw is an awsome guru)  , so i started looking for some products which can be used for contouring . I used to think that i can pretty much use any bronzer for contour , but i was wrong. I got to know with time that Matt contour powder is a way to go. I was bought my E.L.F Warm Bronzer only for this reason , but when i bought MAC studio fix powder plus foundation on NW45 , thats when i got hang of whole contouring thing.  



I got Sleek Makeup Face Contour Kit in medium almost a month ago . I used it in my face of the post [here] I couldn't be more happier. It made my life so much easier. It comes with a brown powder for  contour (matte)  and then the highlight (fine shimmer).

Sleek Makeup Face Contour Kit  comes in 3 shades for different skintones 
  • Light, 
  • Medium 
  • and Dark 
I am Mac N35 , and the contour powder works well for my skin tone, but if you are scared of over doing it , and a new to makeup , i will suggest you to start with the Sleek Makeup Face Contour Kit in light. I am naturally tanned,and have bit of dusky complexion so i stay away from red based powders .The brown is a matte in the kit , and leans towards warm and no signs of reds into it. The powder in contour kit has a nice texture doesn't feel powdery. It blends easily. 
Now the highlighter side. It's a very smooth, creamy and it looks so beautiful when applied its a peach beige powder with light gold fine shimmers. 
With Flash :

Natural Day light - Indoors

I quite like the whole Sleek Makeup Face Contour Kit . It comes with guide in the set,Which explains that how to use which powder where. In my opinion you dont to need to contour on daily bases. I only do it when i have some wedding ,party to attend. ALWAYS choose a cream or powder that is just 2 shades darker than your skin- any darker, and it looks unnatural. If you dont know where to apply contour powder , suck your cheeks in and look in the mirror for the best places to apply it.If you find that you’ve done too much contouring, counter it by applying more neutral foundation or powder over the top and then add color to tone it down. Do this shaping before you begin applying color. One thing you should always remember is to blend thoroughly. 
Have any of you tried  Sleek Makeup Face Contour Kit ? What do you think of it?


If you enjoyed reading  this , you may want to subscribe to , RSS feed and follow me on Twitter and  FacebookThanks for visiting !

14 comments :

  1. Wow that looks like a good one!! Great review sara :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome colors love this kit its a must buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm looks great Sarah I wonder if i ll ever find it or any other contouring powder easily!!By the way A good review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls :_

    @maria
    You need it babe

    @areej
    i know its not easy but try etude or infact maybelline or rimmel. I will let you know if i know any product available in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks good...I like the packaging a lot

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowww i love this product.
    soon i m gonna buy this one for sure.
    Thanks for this review Sarah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i looove the contour kits! need a great brush to use with it, but it's a fabulous product

    ReplyDelete
  8. sleek have some amazing products especially for indian skin... i like the contour kit and the eyeshadow palattes... they have a new eyeshadow palatte called Paraguaya i-Divine Palette which is gorgeous and affordable...

    i definitely agree that don't contour for daytimes, as it requires a lot of practise and blending... or u will end up like u got big bruises everywhere..lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use the kit in Dark and I love it. I have all three shades in my MUA kit though!

    It's been a while, I hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice review:) I am not sure shall i buy it in light or in medium I am fair...but my skin get darker in winter?
    http://sparklingmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I put my eyes on this product for a long time since I'm still searching the right Contour Kit..it looks very much pigmented when swatch on, i don'nt know how to contour yet so plz post review on it how to contour.Thanks alot for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where to buy sleek products in pakistan? ?? Im afraid of online shoping... But i want this contouring kit.

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥