Monday, August 23, 2010

Review - Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara


Following hot on heels of two vibrating/oscillating mascaras launched by LancĂ´me and Estee Lauder, Maybelline came up with their take on the idea: Pulse Perfection. It isn’t launched in Dubai yet, but I got a friend to bring this for me. I have a fetish for mascaras, just thought you should know. ;-))

Anyway, the formula is same as define-a-lash mascara as per the packaging and it claims to  
Transforms your lashes to perfection with:   
Patent-pending elastomer brush vibrates 7,000 times per stroke
                   Provides clump-free definition, intense color, and shine
                         Waterproof; also available in washable formula
                      Builds lash volume, length, and adds curl 
                        Buildable formula
                        Ideal for All Skin Types
                     Contact lens safe

          
       
Available in just the black color, I got a waterproof version of it. Eager to try, I read the instructions a bit wary of the buzzing wand poking my eyes out but tried it out anyways.
There’s a teeny button at the tip of the wand that one has to press down on to start the pulsating, as long as you have it pressed, the buzz would continue, so it is not as daunting a task as it  may sound. But it would take a bit getting used to, the wand and button on top are not ergonomic to speak off.
I was not such a fan of Define a Lash formula. It did just that, defined lashes without adding any length or volume. It was so disappointing I screwed it up really tight and gave the bright green tube to my son to play  with when we’re out and he thinks it’s time to throw a tantrum. SO it serves well as a toddler distraction.

For Best Results

Step 1: On the mascara cap, pull plastic tab to remove it completely, then discard. 
Step 2: Press the button to activate pulsation. Release the button to stop. 
Step 3: While pressing the button, place brush at base of lashes and move slowly towards lash tip. Continue applying coats to achieve preferred lash look. 
Step 4: Repeat for lower lashes

Back to Pulse Perfection: the vibrations make it easier to coat each lash and yes, define them, but…expect no curl, no volume or lengthening. NO,Nothing, Nada.
But for the novelty of the oscillating wand it gets high points. If you want defined, natural looking lashes, this would be your go to, but for a night-out, need luxurious lash look, invest in some other tube. It is steeply priced for an average formula at the moment. Reformulate and then we could see if it works then!


Have you tried Vibrating mascaras? Whats your opinion?

Much love,
Mascara Mom



If you enjoyed reading  this , you may want to subscribe to my You tube Channel , RSS feed and follow me on Twitter and Face book Thanks for visiting !

4 comments :

  1. Hi - I chanced upon your review by bloghopping :) I have a suggestion - why don't you use the wand on another mascara?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha..I'm not a mascara girl:)..In fact I like a clear/colorless mascara,this one I can use it daily.

    Just 1 question:"It isn’t launched in Dubai yet, but I got a friend to bring this for me".. Are you in Dubai now?..Thought you'll go to US after nikkah(here,we say it nikah :) ).Congrats for your wedding anyway :)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for putting this up.
    I went out and bought another mascara since i wrote this...Nivea Lash designer this time. I always loved its wand but the formula was terrible when I last used it five years ago. Seems to have improved now.
    much love,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess they're too caught up with making application easy that they forgot about the formula! LOL

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥