Friday, August 6, 2010

Review : Blue Heaven CLASSIC Kajal

Kajal has been used by women since times immemorial to beautify their eyes and lend a soft look to their face. Not just for beautification, kajal, when prepared in the traditional style has medicinal properties as well and is said to cure and prevent many eye-ailments. Even today, in urban as well as rural households, grandmothers line up the eyes of babies and infants with home-made kajal to beautify the eyes and keep eye ailments at bay..

I have been using Surma / Kajal / Kajal Powder /Kohl since i was a little girl.
I am now i guess addicted to them. Because when someone asks me about One beautyproduct i would like to take with me if i am left on an island / desert , i only think of kajal. *sighs*
Do i have a problem?
Yes ! i guess so

 Blue Heaven CLASSIC Kajal 


It is quite smooth and applies easily on water without dragging or pulling, the shape of it is rounded.
One thing i love about these shaped kajals is that don't need a sharpener . 
Apply it at an angle to keep the point relatively pointy.
It may smear easily,I wear it alone in my daily life but I run over the line with a shadow to set it if i am wearing it on some party / weddings / or get-together.
kajal is in bullet shape packaging , which to be honest looks bit cheap plastic-istic to me. Pigmentation is decent, Not intense as my Hashmi Kajal .

Price : It was for Rs 35 ( less than a $ 1)

Where to buy this : I bought blue heaven kajal, from islamabad F7 Harold's store. 


How to apply kajal ?
  • Very carefully, pull down the lower eye lid, just enough to expose the inner lid line.

    •     * Now take the pencil and ensure that the tip is a bit blunt so that it doesn’t poke you sharp. Slowly, drag it on the lower eye lid along the contour. Start from the inner eye to the outside.
    •     * If you are hesitant about using pencil, take some kajal on the tip of your finger and apply it smoothly along the lower eye lid contour. Applying kajal on the lower rim of the eye makes it look very soft.
    •     * You may also apply it on the upper lid of the eye with the eye pencil. Just close one eye and pull it slightly to stretch the upper eye lid. Carefully, line the lid contour with the eye pencil and get that smoky look, which make the eyes look absolutely mysterious.

I still have to post a review on Lakme Kajal pencil.


I should start a series on Kajal reviews..hmmm

what say?


Has anyone seen this kajal in pakistan ? i would love to get my hands on it




If you enjoyed reading  this , you may want to subscribe to my You tube Channel , RSS feed and follow me on Twitter and Face book Thanks for visiting !

8 comments :

  1. i recently purchased a styli style kajal bullit and have no idea how to use it. thanks for posting this article on how to apply kajal.

    Raech

    http://ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the cutest kajal i have ever seen. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ! it looks good :)
    I'm loving Lotus these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! that looks interesting!

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sarah:) thanx for the review on how to apply kajjal.I have a sensitive eyes,so I rarely wear any eye liner,be it pencil,liquid,cream.It got me itchy on my eye lid.. :(
    Now i want to try kajjal,maybe that one from himalaya herbal. It's about 5 USD here..my,can you believe it?i heard it's cheaper in india..^0^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im loving the Hashmi Kajal more though this one has a lovely container..But then again the question of lead content in it is :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Poornima
    i got so many question regarding lead in hashmi kajal thats why i contacted hashmi team a while ago and they told me Regarding my concern about lead, that the product had been tested and found safe for use you can visit their website and you may find test results which shows it is safe to use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your nice views. Please keep sharing these type of knowledge with us.
    foundation cream
    cosmetic shop
    bb cream price
    facial kit
    cosmetic products

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥