Tuesday, June 8, 2010

E.L.F Mineral Face Primer-Review

What it is?
Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the Mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting satin finish.

What does it do:
This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting satin finish.

How to use:
Apply to clear skin prior to makeup application. Use a small amount and blend evenly all over the face for a smooth and flawless base.

Price:
$6 /£6

I have had this product awhile, I got it in January , 
This product comes in a small pump container. Though the container gives the appearance that the product is white, when dispensing the product, you will notice that it’s actually a clear gel. I normally use two pumps for the whole face, means you really need a small quantity,It spreads and  blends really well and does create a lovely base for make up. My skin always feel like velvet afterward, this is because it has two types of silicone in it. This primer feels a bit oily when you start applying it to the face but as you blend it in , it becomes almost soft and with  light powder-ish feeling while leaving my skin feeling supple and moist.This primer doesn't make my face dry or flaky and it actually seemed to help with oil control with appearance of pores. I have a dry skin , with oily T zone , so i concentrate on my T zone while applying , as it help oil control.
Over all its a nice affordable primer, i have Lo'real studio secrets primer too, but i reach for it mostly as it spreads easily and needs a small amount.
Texture:
Ultra smooth, clear, gel.

Con:The only Con  is the packaging. You cannot see how much you have left unless you unscrew the pump. The pump also lets this product down as I cannot pump any out anymore.


For Pakistani Readers: My brother brought it from UK when i won ELF goodies giveaway in winters, you can order it from here



What is your favorite primer? Comment below , i would love to know
 

14 comments :

  1. Wow, I wish ELF would retail this here. I would def like a economical primer for sure :).. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! sounds really great :) Will give it a try for sure. I recently tried their eye primes and am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This actually looks really awesome! I'm gonna have to hunt down an ELF stockist over here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...that's great to know! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanveer Parmar
    I wish we had ELF here. I love their brushes

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Get Gawjus
    it affordable and works for me , i have their studio eye primer and liner sealer, which one do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @makeupper
    ELF should really start shipping worldwide :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Tina-Bobeena
    thanks for commenting tine)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great! :) I think we don't have ELF here so I can't try this.. But I guess I should finally try some primer.. Never tried any. Actually heard about primers for the first time not a long time ago when I read about them on some blogs.. :o

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow , ELF is really producing good product at such affordable price !!
    I wish ELF retailed in India with its US pricing :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish we have ELF here in pak.
    very nice review Sarah :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I wanna try this! Great review...too bad the pump doesn't work anymore, otherwise the packaging looks nice

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this primer!! :) I've written a review on this on my blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucky there are plenty of ELF sprees in Malaysia.
    I will wait till ELF do SALES!
    *jot down name of product into book*
    Thanks..=)

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥