Monday, June 7, 2010

Coastal Scents HD Foundation -Review




What it is:

 A soft focus, flawless, natural finish is needed when under the scrutiny of a camera in HD. Our foundation applies with a light weight texture.   With photography, film and live television using high definition focus, (meaning that the camera and monitor sees everything magnified), HD application has become a part of training for makeup artists in today’s industry. The colors need to stay consistent in all types of lighting, what does not work well in HD is sparkle and shine. Reach for matte bronzers, blush and shadows. 
UnderCover HD is not oil based or water based, it is non comedogenic, it does not clog pores. HD foundations use silicones, this creates a protective shield on the skin, allowing it to breathe and retain it's natural moisture. 

What does it do?

  With photography, film and live television using high definition focus, (meaning that the camera and monitor sees everything magnified), HD application has become a part of training for makeup artists in today’s industry. The colors need to stay consistent in all types of lighting, what does not work well in HD is sparkle and shine. Reach for matte bronzers, blush and shadows. 

Shades:

I got ST 05,There is quite a variety of colors to choose from. A total of 18.

Price:
 $16.95 Full Size Net Wt: 30ml – 1.0 fl oz, / Sample size $ 0.49 for 3gms


So I've tried this out for the past 6-8 months, summer and winter,I think i can my views, okay now here i must say , it was the hardest thing to choose when i was placing an order in January , as i have read mixed reviews about this foundation that i got confused , but after 4 days of hard work( i.e was to put in basket  , read reviews,and then delete, read reviews , then again put it back ) Finally !! i decided to order it , now came the more HARDEST part : to choose right shade for my NC 30-35 skintone, it took me another day to choose shade, i went through so many blog reviews and swatches(Thank you oxfordjasmine and sirvinya for their swatch posts) and still couldn't make my mind, but reviews on coastal scents actually helped me when i read that ST-05 is match to MAC NC 30 , so i took the risk and ordered it.I am glad  that color  couldn't be more  perfect.This foundation blended in very well with my natural skin tone.Good coverage (Light to medium coverage) and build able without being too cakey.The bottle comes with a pump, the look of pump is a little cheap(Plastic), 2 pumps are enough for me to cover my whole face, if i want total airbrushed flawless finish , i use the third one. I tend to use my fingers when i use any foundation , but this goes well with E.LF powder brush too as its nor very thick and stippling is pretty easy with it.
To be honest I haven't worn the Coastal Scents Undercover HD foundation constantly because I usually don't wear foundation on a daily basis, and i only wear it when i am taking photos or going out in night for a wedding or some formal occasion.

Texture:
The texture, as I mentioned above its kinda liquid and runny in consistency.But i didn't have any trouble in application
I read reviews where many bloggers said it has a dewy finish , The finish is definately matte.I have Dry skin , so mostly Matt foundations end up flaky on me ,But with this foundation my skin didn't look flaky, it looked just matt, pore less and evenly.



I am wearing Coastal Scents Undercover HD Foundation in above pictures taken on different days , lipstick in Mac Myth and Rimmel n*** delight in the second picture(. You can check my Second pic more photos here)
 

Over all this  foundation lasts well, it has a great finish and is fairly inexpensive. However the color choices are really hard to match since they are only available online.
 You can buy it online here

For Pakistani Readers: Coastal scents delivers to Pakistan , my package came in a month time.You can buy this foundation at Coastal Scents for $16.95.( shipping charges:USPS First-Class Mail International - $6.97 only for the foundation , you would be charged more if you are ordering more products)

Have you tried  Coastal Scents Undercover HD Foundation ? 
Do you love it ? OR hate it?



Disclaimer: Coastal Scents send me a voucher and i chose my own products with that, I picked all the products out myself and my reviews aren't not being paid for or influenced by any of that.

15 comments :

  1. Looks so lovely. :)One thing I guess I would never be able to pick online is a foundation. you are so brave. :P

    Yay!! The black is back. Feels at home now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks rati ! See I take your suggestion seriously :)
    I have to do so many things with blog but no internet ..argh
    I wanted to try MUFE HD foundation so I took the risk and ordered this one they say " tu na tu aur sahi " its a poetic verse in urdu :p
    I am so habitual of buying online that I don't hesitate in ordering :p sometimes I take a guess :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.. this looks nice :) i want to order something from coastal scents too ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sara , you must check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good :)

    I may order the coastal scents 187 dupe sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Ki , i so wanted that Coastal Scent's stippling brush too but at the time , it was out of stock *beep(inappropriate lang)* i really want a stippling brush .. REALLY REALLY wants

    ReplyDelete
  7. my lil pakistani princess, i kno this is a foundation review but your eyes look AMAZING!
    its really good they sell samples of these, might have to get a couple when i order my palette! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so natural. Hats off to you for selecting the right shade online I can never pick the right shade without trying it on my skin

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Nooberella
    wow , it feels so awsums , to hear from some one who has the most gorgeous eyes EVER !!! THANKS YOU :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. @alvira
    thanks .. lolz i feel like a super woman ..wee

    ReplyDelete
  11. U look so gorgeous! Foundation sounds n looks good too. I might order fr CS soon...thanks for the details

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Get Gawjus and Cynthia Z
    Thanks lovelies )

    ReplyDelete
  13. sarah, i want to order the 88 palettes from CS, did you get charged custom duty on the package? do you have any info on the taxes we have to pay in Pk?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi ! I didn't pay any customs for the parcel send by coastal scenta and all otheres via normal post..although I paid customs for two of the packages which I got through courier.

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥