Monday, September 8, 2014

Review of Essence Long lasting Lipstick in 01 Coral Calling

Essence Long lasting Lipstick in 01 Coral Calling
I don’t know it took me so long to review this lipstick. I have had it for quite some time and even I photographed it more than 4-5 months ago. I am a sucker for lipsticks, I love my mac or ysl but it doesn't stop me from trying affordable brands like essence or rimmel. I saw Essence Long Lasting Lipstick first on essence Pakistan’s Facebook page and was instantly drawn to the couple of shades including Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in coral calling. 

Essence Long Lasting Lipstick 01 Coral Calling is a true coral shade which leans warm tone. 

Essence Long Lasting Lipstick Coral Calling -review
EssenceLong Lasting Lipstick - longlasting love… you simply have to fall in love with the longlasting lipsticks by essence. the lipsticks provide your lips with intensive color for several hours without drying them out. you’re sure to find whatever you’re looking for – from bright pink to intensive red and chilled-out berry to subtle nude shades. the essence logo on the texture and the matt, black packaging with a ring of color to match the actual color of the lipstick are true eye-catchers! 
I love essence as a brand, absolutely love their  nail polishes, gel eyeliner, eye pencils and etc. but I wasn’t a big fan of their lipstick. I had tried the shade all about cupcake and it was bit too balmy for me. So I was excited to get my hands on these babies and the packaging was too adorable to ignore them. The lipstick comes in a matte black pancaking with a border of same shade as the lipstick around it. The bullet of lipsticks looks very fancy with engraved "e" on it. 
The formula of the lipstick is creamy and applies easily . But the pigmentation is not on the intense side, but still buildable and almost takes 2-3 swipes for me. It is perfect for summers days . when you don't want to wear something heavier on the lips .I feel this shade will suit a variety of complexions.I am not into coral lips but this shade is too pretty to keep your hands off to. It applies glossy and have a balmy feel to it to but lips feel very soft and moisturized. It is also slightly scented and leaves a slight stain behind.The lipstick claims to be long wearing which honestly i didn't find true and formula is not definitely matte. 


Essence Long Lasting Lipstick - Coral Calling
Essence Long Lasting Lipstick - Coral Calling
Essence Long Lasting Lipstick - Coral Calling

Essence Long Lasting Lipstick - Coral Calling swatch (applied)







Price Essence Long Lasting Lipstick costs approx PKR-490/- in Pakistan.
Availability: Its available at essence retailers as well a online at just4girls.pk and beautyarena.pk , Internationally USA readers can get essence cosmetics at Ulta
Selection: On essence.eu there are currently 19 shades available.
OverallThe essence long lasting lipsticks come in variety of shade ,from a beautiful coral, to Barbie pink ,to a  bright red.The shade coral calling is perfect for soft day time look or you can pair with smokey eyes.  I feel this shade will suit a lot of complexions.I am not into coral lips but this shade is too pretty to keep your hands off. It applies glossy and have a balmy feel to it to but lips feel very soft and moisturized. It is also slightly scented and leaves a slight stain behind.The lipstick claims to be long wearing which honestly i didn't find true and formula is not definitely matte. 

2 comments :

  1. lovely review sara ! it look super on you <3

    do visit me sometimes please http://fromothersideofmirror.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to purchase Essence products when I pass by the makeup aisle at my local pharmacy but tend to stop in my tracks as I don't quite believe in cosmetics with cheap prices (I know, how obnoxious you say but I've got too many bad experience with cheap cosmetics). So, thanks for the review (as there aren't much around on Essence).

    I'll probably try the more muted/nudey colours and also its nail polishes.

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥