Friday, July 12, 2013

Lakmé Eyeconic kajal - Review & Swatches

Lakme Eyeconic Kajal– Review


Since I am a girl who couldn’t think of living her life without kajal, how could I not get my hands on Lakmé Eyeconic kajal on my second trip to India in April?  I have been using it for a while now , Now it’s the time to review Lakme Eyeconic Kajal .


Lakme Eyeconic Kajal– Review
The new Lakmé Eyeconic kajal
This is a smudge proof, water proof kajal which is dermatologically tested. With a deep black stroke in an easy twist up format, it gives your eyes a long-lasting, eyeconic look throughout the day.  

Key Features

  • Smudge proof
  • Water Proof, Lasts up to 10 hrs
  • Safe for eyes
  • Convenient Twist- up format
  
Lakme Eyeconic Kajal– Review
Lakme Eyeconic Kajal– Review

Lakme Eyeconic Kajal– applied



L-R Lakme eyeconic kajal swatch - Maybelline colossal kajal swatch

During my first trip to India, I searched high and low for this kajal in Chandigarh and everywhere I went, they were sold out on this. Then on my second trip, we were roaming in big bazar, Jalandhar and I found it. It was indeed a happy moment for me. I bought a bunch and gave to my close friends. My best friend was with me so I made her purchase one. I could be persuasive while shopping ;) 

The lakme eyeconic kajal comes in a black with turquoise blue lettering in a twist up pencil, which is so convenient to throw into your makeup bag and if you are travelling. The packaging is simple yet practical. When compared to Maybelline colossal kajal, the Eyeconic Kajal is tad more black and pigmented. But you need to layer 2-3 times on waterline to achieve the black color. The kajal is soft and glides easily without tugging.It claims to lasts up to 10 hours, as well as claims to be smudge proof & waterproof. I have worn it on my waterline many times and it stayed there for 3-4 hours, ended up into fading but if worn on upper lash line /lower line, the staying power is definitely around 6-8 hours. It does smudge on waterline a little after couple of hours but remains intact on upper lashline.I have worn it for a max of 8hrs and it stayed intact on my upper lash line with a very slight fading around the outer corner. On my lower lash line it stays for around 4 hrs after which it does budge a little.I can see it smudging more on to the oily lids or who have watery eyes.













  • If you want an affordable everyday kajal pencil
  • If you prefer twist yo retractable kajal pencils
  • It is dermatologically tested ,suitable for sensitive eyes
  • It gives smooth and soft application  
  •  




    • If you have oily lids
    • If you expect it to be deep black
    • If you expect it to last upto 10 hrs
    • If you are outside India , it can be hard to get hold of.

    Overall i think for INR 199/- ,it is quite a decent product and i have seen so many fake lakme eyeconic kajal being sold in lahore. So word of advise , If you are buying lakme products in Pakistan , make sure you are spending your money on authentic products. Even in India , fake lakme so widely available. I bought mine from India foe INR 199 , which is almost pkr 400/-

    11 comments :

    1. wow look at that pigment, thanks for the review :)


      lilytnotlouise.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have used this but i find the colossal kajal better than lakme one, Lakme doesnt stay in my eyes it falls out of my lower lash line giving me racoon eyes :(

      ReplyDelete
    3. I have always wanted to try ut Lakme specially their Lips sticks and their Liquid Lip colors but hard to get IN PK and stil figuring out how to order online. Aaaargh! Love it thou :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love it on your eyes Sarah, looks super pretty! Would definitely be getting one whenever it's available in Pakistan. xx

      ReplyDelete
    5. I have used this kajal and love it but my favorite is Faces Canada's black kohl. Nice review Sara <3

      ReplyDelete
    6. Lakme products are LOVE. This one looks pretty intense x

      ReplyDelete
    7. Looks great i havent tried any of lakme's product my favorite one is revlon colorstay in black :) nice review

      www.glittergossip.com

      ReplyDelete
    8. i like this one.Many indian cosmetics are vegan.Do you have any idea about Lakme' ?

      ReplyDelete
    9. nice review, I am from India and i have not tried it yet :p I am loyal Maybelline kajal fan.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I have used this product & I can say its awesome :)

      https://www.myglamm.com/buy/lips/

      ReplyDelete

    ♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥