Tuesday, July 5, 2011

MAC Hibiscus lipstick - Photos , Review & Swatch




MAC Hibiscus lipstick was one of few items which i bought during my trips to Alafath last week.
Its a part of the  Limited edition Surf Baby Collection.MAC Surf Baby! Collection is a bright summery collection with island-themed packaging and colors.
It retails for rs 2100 because of the limited edition special packaging. Other regular line Mac lipsticks costs around rs 1990-200



If you are sucker for packaging then you will love this collection. The packaging of lipstick is uber pretty. It has stripes and pretty bright summery colors and a flower .






To be honest when i first the swatches on Temptalia, I loved it and I knew  I had to have this . But since it was LE product and we don't get LE items here so imagine my joy when i saw it at Alfatah ,Lahore . If you are interested in knowing  what other MAC LE items were available , please read my post [ here ]


Hibiscus is a brightened, medium-dark red-coral with soft gold shimmer. It has a cremesheen finish.  It’s like a richer, deep version of Viva Glam Cyndi. 


Its a cremesheen finish. The Mac cremesheens are well creamy(duh!), shiny and pigmented . Hibiscus is a semi opaque orange red coral with extremely soft gold shimmer. Mac Cremesheen lipsticks are creamy and provides full-coverage  .The shade is perfect for summer. For reference i am MAC NC30-35. I love how mac lipstick smells. MAC lipsticks are vanilla scented but they are taste-free which i love.
The shade was so hard to capture on camera when on swatched or worn on lips. 


Outdoors - natural Sunlight


Indoors - With Flash




If you have the can ,go to near mac counter and, give it a try i am sure you will love it as it is an amazing coral lipstick.

Did you pick/buy anything from Surf Baby Collection?




If you enjoyed reading  this , you may want to subscribe to , RSS feed and follow me on Twitter and  FacebookThanks for visiting !

11 comments :

  1. this sure is a wonderful summer lipstick. looks beautiful on you <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour really looks nice on you. I'm hoping to pick up the eyeshadow in saffron from the Surf Baby Collection this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, you make me wish I got this lippie! It looks so pretty. I love the shade.

    www.dgsbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! This is such a gorgeous shade!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous color. Looks great on you.Unfortunately we don`t have it available here in Islamabad yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very pretty orangey colour. It looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty color! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get this! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks beautiful on your lips. I love the shine it has :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks super duper gorgeous!

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥