Monday, January 24, 2011

e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder - Review ,Photos & Swatch

 I have had Elf studio contouring blush and  bronzer duo for quite some time now.It made it to my December favorites. When i picked up , i only wanted to try it because i read so many reviews and watched so many you tube videos where everyone was raving about it and comparing it with NARS Orgasm/laguna blush duo.




Elf website claims: "Create a healthy and natural glow all year long. The Blush highlights the cheeks to add a flush of color, while the Bronzer accents and contours cheekbones for beautiful definition."

I really like the packaging . It is lovely considering the price. It is excellent quality. I love the mirror which comes in the compact. Its big and good quality.It really comes handy when i am traveling.


Dare i say that i hardly contour my face? i thought i am not talented enough to this kind of  precise application. But Lately i have been reaching for this duo.Its perfect when i am  traveling+ the build in mirror is so handy.The blush is not over powering , it gives the glow hence the shimmer. The bronzer is a little darker but it still is a very good bronzer that you can use lightly & blend out. After contouring with the bronzer i use sigma buffer brush f45 to buff and blend.It definitely requires a decent amount of blending .

The blush is beautiful peachy-pink coral with tiny golden shimmers .The bronzer is good brown with hint of orange and with golden shimmer.



 swatch below on back of the hand


Over all i think its a good value for money. I loved the blush,its just a little too shimmery for my taste but I use it often. , its gives a nice pop of color on my cheeks but the bronzer on the other hand is my more favorite one in the duo as its very pigmented and showed up really well on me. For some people glitter may be a problem as you can see from the swatch above that glitter is quite obvious. I wouldn't recommend using both at the same time ,unless you want to look like Edward Cullen.


 BRAND: E.LF( eyeslipsface.com)
PRODUCT: e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
PRICE: $ 3 at eyeslipsface.com
Color:
blushed/bronzed
PROS: Pigmented, affordable, Packaging
CONS: Not for those who don't appreciate shimmer blush /bronzer
Would I Recommend? YES



You can buy sigma buffer brush here


If you enjoyed reading  this , you may want to subscribe to my You tube Channel , RSS feed and follow me on Twitter and Face book Thanks for visiting !

5 comments :

  1. WOW, looks great :) thanks for swatches. the colors are very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one too but gave it to my sister..XD Its waay too glittery for me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love both the shades!!!Wish I had Elf in my city...the products look really lovely and affordable too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This really looks like a nars duo Sarah. if you wouldnt have told I would have taken it as a nars duo only. :D :D I liked the shades. Especially the bronzing colour is pretty . :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This product is really nice! :) You should try contouring, I recently started too lol ;) x

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥