Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Illamasqua Commissions Short Film Starring Actress Vicky McLure

Recently, Illamasqua commissioned some films featuring the beautiful actress Vicky McLure from THIS IS ENGLAND, a film by Shane Meadows that won numerous awards for its raw, honest portrayal of the skinhead subculture.



One of the UK's hottest talents and star of Shane Meadow's iconic, multi-award winning British film 'This is England', Vicky McClure, is officially Illamasqua's new leading lady.

Illamasqua Founder Julian Kynaston shares with us, “we are a British professional brand, and I see it as only respectful that we support British professional acting talent. I was instantly attracted to Vicky when she appeared as Lol in Shane Meadows’ multi award winning film ‘This is England’, a film that focuses on the lives of a group of skinheads in 1980s Britain.



”Vicky's portrayal took the viewer way beyond the pre-conceived and overt racist stigma that the skinhead movement has been sadly tagged with. Whilst right wing elements did attach themselves to this particular culture the film educated us that the skinhead fashion had its roots firmly embedded in black music and culture. In the film Lol quite simply' doesn't see colour' and for us as a brand this is so important. All Youth cultures get pre-judged and pigeon holed wrongly....wearing make-up makes others pre-judge you, often wrongly - especially if you are a man. We loved the way Vicky acted a role that smashed these pre-conceptions. For that she is our muse.”


Having previously worked with legendary film director, Shane Meadows, and queen of music herself, Madonna, Vicky is the muse and star of three beautiful short films specially commissioned by Illamasqua. The first in the series, 'Poem', launched today, is a poignant portrayal of Vicky's transformation into her alter-ego through the art of making-up.

What Vicky has to say:
‘When Julian Kynaston approached me to work with the brand, it was something new; I had never done this kind of work before. What I love about Illamasqua is that there is a bigger story and a bigger attraction. Their affiliation with the S.O.P.H.I.E charity means there is an emotional connection. This is a story that needs to be heard. On set I was impressed at how easy Spob [Illamasqua’s Head of Professional Development and leading Film and TV make-up artist] was able to transform me into the various alter egos. Each look helped me get into character. I was amazed by the products staying power, how easy they were to apply, how the colours are so vibrant and I love the packaging. I hope Illamasqua gets the attention it deserves.’


To read more on why Illamasqua chose Vicky McClure, read the full news article at www.illamasqua.com



If you enjoyed reading this , you may want to subscribe to my You tube Channel , RSS feed and follow me on Twitter and Face book Thanks for visiting !

1 comment :

  1. I love Illamasqua. The colours are just gorgeous! Vicky looks amazing!
    Anyone know the song?? love it!!!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥