Friday, June 25, 2010

Congratulations !!! you made the shortlist!‏


I was really happy, surprised ,speechless  and  then excited when i got an email from Illamasqua about an hour ago
We’re delighted to let you know your entry was one of our final 50 shortlisted shades – well done! To congratulate you, we’re giving you an exclusive 25% off at illamasqua.com until 30th June.
If you girls remember Illamasqua held Nail Polish Competition    few month ago(in feb), i took the plunge and send my entry , i am so thrilled even being  in top 50, How often your entry is chosen among other 6000 entries and end up in top 50?

I am gonna share my entry with all of you today:)
This is how i described my perfect shade:

Like a jewel,Taj Mahal sparkles in moonlight,when it catches the glow of the moon.its pinkish ,and reflects as black in water & golden when moon shines. My color is deep bluish purple(in low light its blackened) based with orange,pink,golden,dull silver holographic shimmer
This is the image, from which i took the inspiration

 
The winning colours are:
* Shrapnel by Loren Perry – a pink-based metallic copper inspired by the dazzling shine of a new penny.

* Raindrops by Ann Black – a creamy pale grey with a sheer silver sparkle inspired by watching raindrops running down the window while riding the monorail in Seattle.

* Eclipse by Dami Lawal – a deep grey/purple blue that reflects the theatricality of a lunar eclipse.

All three shades will be available from October.


My favorite is ofcourse Eclipse, then Raindrop and last Sharpnel

so yup ! i am happy :), happy just being in top 50.

who else took part in this competition? what was your nail color inspiration? share with me:)

22 comments :

  1. The link is for hotmail image ^^ you have to host it somewhere else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was way too excited :D Just uploaded the pic

    ReplyDelete
  3. the image is beautiful .. Taj Mahal never looked so b'ful !
    I loved the description .. you described ua perfect color pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow congrats girl....n good luck. Love that pic of the Taj
    But I don't understand that part - If the winning color are..... :S
    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats :DD
    This picture is so beautiul and you described the colour so well!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girls , I was mesmerised by this image , so breath taking and I would love to be at taj mahal at this kind of time.
    @ cynthia
    Thanks :) What did I tell you about my typos when I excited and sad ? Lol if was a typing error.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful picture!

    I also got the same letter. I was wondering if they sent this kind of letter to everyone who participated. :/ Googled and came across your blog. :) Pity, that the discount is till 30 of June only.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture!

    I also got the same letter. I was wondering if they sent this kind of letter to everyone who participated. :/ Googled and came across your blog. :) Pity, that the discount is till 30 of June only.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful picture!

    I also got the same letter (making it to 50). I was wondering if they sent this letter to everyone who participated. :/ Came across your blog only (so far). :) Pity, this discount is till the end of June only. Too difficult to decide right now. :/

    PS It'd be nice to see the top 50, or top 100, don't you agree? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful picture!

    I also got the same letter (making it to 50). I was wondering if they sent this letter to everyone who participated. :/ Came across your blog only (so far). :) Pity, this discount is till the end of June only. Too difficult to decide right now. :/

    PS It'd be nice to see the top 50, or top 100, don't you agree? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, girl! Sorry, I didn't realise my messages are going to double/triple here! Have no idea how it happened... Ohhh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, girl! Sorry, I didn't realise my messages are going to double/triple here! Have no idea how it happened... Ohhh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Condrats sara and your way of describing the colour is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope not everyone ,or else we will have 6000 top 50 entries.hehe , I guess they mailed to top 100 and top 50,just a guess.Congratulations to you too, feels great,isn't it?
    Yeah it would be great to see top 50 or 100 entries mentioned :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! Thats so exciting! I would buy a color like that in a heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! Lovely color description! It will be interesting to see if they use the color ideas anyway....

    ReplyDelete
  17. i got the same letter too! :)

    yeah, i really wish they'd list the 50 entries, it would be really interesting to see the other entries :)

    http://www.polishpolice.com/?p=575

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooo exciting! Congrats!! I would definitely purchase something like that! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations and you really deserved to be in top 50 . :* The description is just beautiful. :)

    I am really keen at seeing Raindrops by Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  20. congratulations sarah! the image is spell binding and your description does full justice to it. what a beautiful colour to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! First of all congrats & I wish they had made the nail paint you had suggested, It sure seems like a knockout & lovely, lovely description :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥