Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What is a BB cream?-Hottest Foundation Trend In Asia


I asked that question over & over during the time that i started beauty blogging ...
 What is a BB cream?


BB cream is the hottest beauty products in the world right now.

BB cream, also known as Blemish Balm or Blemish Base, is a cosmetic item sold in Korea
There are several BB Cream brands such as HANSKIN,Skin79, Skinfood, BRTC, Missha, Dr Jart but all products have slight differences in properties, ingredients, smell, texture and oil control.
General BB Cream characteristics:
• Natural glow on your face without makeup look
• Provides perfect coverage just like a foundation but without clogging pores or damaging the skin
• Conceals all types of pigmentation, discoloration, acne and marks
• Healing properties which soften, smoothen and refine skin
• Encourages skin regeneration to create and maintain youthful skin
• UV Protection for healthy skin
• Some BB creams have additional features such as wrinkle improvement, whitening functions etc.
BB cream serve as a makeup base, foundation, moisturizer and sun protections. Not only do they cover blemishes, they also have soothing, healing properties. Not all BB cream have all these functions,there are many types of BB cream some need to apply after moisturizer, some without the SPF or PA.
Search for the ones that suitable for yourself, have a look around, do your research before you purchase.Few points worth considering are whet are the properties & ingredients such as moisturizing, sun protector, oil-free?? and  the scent, some are fragrance free, some are scented, so make sure you checklist all.commonly recommended practice is to use BB cream as base, follow by concealer then set by powder.
 Korea BB (Blemish Balm) cream usually comes with several versions, most common versions included basic, glossy, pearly, premium (anti-aging plus whitening) …etc.  Hanskin Magic BB Cream as basic version, whereby the Super Magic BB cream that is premium version that included whitening, wrinkle care and sun protection.BB creams generally come in "one" shade, they are meant to "sink/seep" into your skin to match your skin tone. However, they do vary in shade depending on the company that produces them. The shades further vary among the different products that the company produces. There are a few companies who do produce two (2) different shades for their BB creams such as Skinfood (TSF or SF) and Missha.








unless it's the night bb cream (which skin79 has) that you have bought. BB cream (and I must stress again) is makeup. you don't sleep with makeup nor sunblock.Please always remember to remove it before going to bed because BB Cream is NOT a skin treatment and should NOT replace your usual moisturizer or sunscreen.

Do you use BB  ream? which is your HG bb cream??
Which one would you recommend for asian skin like mine?

10 comments :

  1. I use Perfect Cover BB Cream (: It works pretty well. I have oily/acne prone skin. It feels really silky & you just need a dot to cover your whole face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet to try, but nice post sweetie! I dont know if its BB cream or not, but those girls have amazing skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try the 2nd one in your first picture. The pink one. Super BB Triple Functions by Skin79. I tried it in the store and it went on smoothly and didn't feel oily :]

    Good luck finding one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not founda single BB cream here in India.So want to try them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream. Purchased it from Ebay for around $14AUD..

    It works well. I use it occasionally on school days.. However it provides light coverage (I have ALOT of acne scars on my face). It comes in only two shades.. Natural (#23) and light (#21) beige. Usually, I dot it on my skin and then set it with mineral foundation. It also has this classic smell. Smells really nice :)

    But if I wouldn't buy it again though >.<"

    Bubzbeauty from Youtube did a review on Missha Perfect Cover BB cream :]
    Check it out.. Maybe it would help :D

    Love,
    http://the-beautifool.blogspot.com/ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks all of you for recommendations, trust me a one word of recommendation mean a lot to me .:)
    @tramstabalaboopy she is adorable im following her on twitter and watch her you tube vids she is fun :)
    @Angelique

    i wanted to get skin79 pink ones too but i have dry skin and i believe golden one is suitable for dry skin
    @Susie
    thank for letting me know about perfect cover BB cream i will have a look :)

    @Div yeah i envy their skin too :/

    @ rati
    BB creams aren't available in Pakistan either. i might look for etude ones when i visit big city

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use Etude House's Good-bye Trouble BB Cream. My face almost looks flawless. ^^ Sometimes though, I still apply concealer and foundation for further coverage of still obvious blemishes. :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to local shop, they had few etude products like facial foam cleanser but no BB cream :( me sad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,nice blog that you have here:) I love it:)
    My fave bb cream by far is Nature republic ageslick collagen bb,mainly because it contains collagen :) Have reviewed it on my blog,you can read the review there.I'm a bb cream freak,LOL^^
    Anyway..good luck in finding your bb cream..trust me,it's like finding our soulmate..

    xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. where can i find bb cream in lahore plz help

    ReplyDelete

♥ I appreciate all your comments.I'll surely get back to your blog :)♥